FEP Shelman use the unrivalled inertness of FEP, PFA, PTFE and ECTFE to protect Chemical Pipework, Accessories, Vessels and Tanks.
Fluoroplastics are renowned for their Chemical Resistance Properties, offering an effective barrier to most chemicals and solvents. As such, companies turn to these versatile materials to provide solutions to their most severe corrosion problems.
FEP Shelman is the division of the Holscot group which focusses on providing lined equipment to the chemical, petrochemical, pharmaceutical and water treatment industries.
- Manufacture and supply of lined steel vessels and tanks. FEP Shelman is happy to line customers’ own steelwork or subcontract the work to trusted steel work companies. Linings are for the most part bonded (using glass backed laminate FEP, PVDF, ETFE and PFA). Loose linings can also be accommodated for specialist applications such as the lining of glass lined vessels. All work is carried out in accordance with BS 6374 Part 1 – 1985.
- GRP vessels and tanks lined with glass backed FEP or PVDF. For this application the liner is built up on mandrels and overwrapped with GRP to form a homogeneous entity. This provides easily the most efficient and long lasting lined tank since the materials are cross linked and will expand at a similar rate when exposed to higher temperature.
- A full range of PTFE lined steel pipes and fittings.
- Chemical accessories such as dip pipes, thermowells, spargers lined in FEP, PFA & PTFE
- Covering of agitators in FEP
- Expansion Bellows in PTFE, FEP & PFA
- On Site Repairs for Tanks, Vessels and Equipment lined with PP, PVDF, ECTFE, FEP and PFA
- Agitator repairs on site a speciality
- Halar ECTFE Chemically resistant coating to Agitators, Small tanks and complex steel components
- PTFE lined pumps. FEP Shelman offers the renowned Geko range of pumps and accessories and continues to be able to provide spares for the Shelman range of pumps – many of which are still in operation after many years of service.
FEP Shelman specialise in quick delivery of replacement lined equipment. In addition, with over 30 years of experience in linings, FEP Shelman can provide creative solutions to the most demanding corrosion problems.
To download the FEP Shelman brochure click here
Allied Colloids are producers of flocculating gel which absorbs moisture in nappies etc. During the manufacturing process, a chemical reaction...