FEP Shelman use the unrivalled inertness of FEP, PFA, PTFE and ECTFE to protect Chemical Pipework, Accessories, Vessels and Tanks.
Fluoroplastics are renowned for their Chemical Resistance Properties, offering an effective barrier to most chemicals and solvents. As such, companies turn to these versatile materials to provide solutions to their most severe corrosion problems.
FEP Shelman is the division of the Holscot group which focusses on providing lined equipment to the chemical, petrochemical, pharmaceutical and water treatment industries.
- Manufacture and supply of lined steel vessels and tanks. FEP Shelman is happy to line customers’ own steelwork or subcontract the work to trusted steel work companies. Linings are for the most part bonded (using glass backed laminate FEP, PVDF, ETFE and PFA). Loose linings can also be accommodated for specialist applications such as the lining of glass lined vessels. All work is carried out in accordance with BS 6374 Part 1 – 1985.
- GRP vessels and tanks lined with glass backed FEP or PVDF. For this application the liner is built up on mandrels and overwrapped with GRP to form a homogeneous entity. This provides easily the most efficient and long lasting lined tank since the materials are cross linked and will expand at a similar rate when exposed to higher temperature.
- A full range of PTFE lined steel pipes and fittings.
- Chemical accessories such as dip pipes, thermowells, spargers lined in FEP, PFA & PTFE
- Covering of agitators in FEP
- Expansion Bellows in PTFE, FEP & PFA
- On Site Repairs for Tanks, Vessels and Equipment lined with PP, PVDF, ECTFE, FEP and PFA
- Agitator repairs on site a speciality
- Halar ECTFE Chemically resistant coating to Agitators, Small tanks and complex steel components
- PTFE lined pumps. FEP Shelman offers the renowned Geko range of pumps and accessories and continues to be able to provide spares for the Shelman range of pumps – many of which are still in operation after many years of service.
FEP Shelman specialise in quick delivery of replacement lined equipment. In addition, with over 30 years of experience in linings, FEP Shelman can provide creative solutions to the most demanding corrosion problems.
To download the FEP Shelman brochure click here
On Site Inspection and Repair of Fluoroplastic Lined Vessels and Tanks
FEP Shelman have trained operatives – certified for Confined Space Work – who will carry out on site inspection of tanks, vessels and accessories which are lined in any Fluoroplastic – FEP, PFA, ECTFE, PVDF and even PP and PVC. This applies to steel or GRP constructions. Our Engineers carry out a full visual test and a spark test appropriate to the type of lining and they will assess the viability of repair. Simple repairs may be executed at the same time but, for more major repairs, a quotation will be made to carry out the repair at a later date. Regular inspection and minor repair work will prolong the life of any Fluoroplastic Lined Equipment.
Allied Colloids are producers of flocculating gel which absorbs moisture in nappies etc. During the manufacturing process, a chemical reaction...