FEP Flange Shields
Holscot FEP Flange Shields are quickly and easily fitted to offer a chemically resistant barrier to prevent dangerous leakages at Flange Joints.
Holscot FEP Flange Shields, protection without a cover up
Protect your personnel against dangerous flange leakages:
- Designed for quick installation, removal and re-use
- Heat Shrinkable
- Completely U.V. stable and able to withstand prolonged exposure outside
- Temperature Range – Suitable for continuous operation from –20°F (-29°C) to 300°F (150°C)
- Available with or without lipped edges
- 100 % Chemically inert FEP
- Transparent – Allows visual inspection to ensure no corrosion of bolts, nuts or flanges
- Leaks immediately visible
- Ideal for use in Chemical and Pharmaceutical Industries
- Widely used on board shipping vessels.
Holscot FEP Flange Shields are simple to install – just wrap around the flange, line up the fasteners with corresponding holes and snap into place. No tools required – no special skills needed.
The Holscot FEP Flange Shield has been designed to shrink diametrically when exposed to elevated temperatures. This can be achieved either by use of a hot air gun, or, when the pipe system where the shield is installed operates at high temperatures, the shield will automatically shrink.
Our standard range of sizes- designed for ASA/ANSI 150 flanges – is shown below.
Shields to fit PN10/16 are also available as standard.
Custom Made Shields for Non-standard flanges or valves can be produced, as well as shields incorporating coloured inserts or chemical detection paper.
Quotations available on request.
Holscot Teflon* Flange Shields are specified for use on all BNFL sites.